Sunday, July 6, 2008

Diddlesworth and Poodle Noodlekins!

So, this 4th of July weekend was sooo much fun! Nathan, Grant, and I had the opportunity to go camping with some of our good friends here in Wyoming, Kyle, Lindsey, and their daughter Lydia (who is two months older than Grant)! We left Thursday and stayed until Saturday evening! Our friend Bridger let us borrow their camper, which was totally awesome! Anyways...I will just list the events under the pictures because once again, I think it's just easier that way! Here is Lindsey and I floating down the Green River! It was soooo much fun! We did it like ten times!
Here is Nathan, Kyle, and our friend Brian taking a turn at floating down the river!
Here is a kind of far away picture of the camp site! It was sooo hot the whole time but it felt awesome! Lindsey and Kyle's camper was so nice and had ac, so we spent a lot of time in there!
Lindsey and I took the kids four-wheeling, which they loved! We had to get a picture of them on the four-wheelers together!
After a long, extremely bumpy ride, I pulled up next to Lindsey and noticed Lydia was out, when she made the same observation of Grant! We figured the ride had either given them "Shaken Baby Syndome" or they had just been terrified, which made them fall asleep!
Here is Lindsey with Lydia! She is the cutest little girl! Her and Grant are so funny when they are together! It's a complete Love/Hate thing!
Here is Grant and Lydia in the camper we borrowed from Bridger! Having a camping trailer made camping a whole new experience!
Our camp fire! We had fire works that night also, but I couldn't get any pictures because, once again, Grant fell asleep in my arms! They were some pretty awesome fireworks though! After living in Utah and Arizona your whole life, you forget how crazy fireworks can be!
Grant playing at our camp site!
Grant and Lydia using team work to fill the bucket with rocks so that they could pour the rocks out and start over again!
So this is a completely different story! It's really funny too! This evil bird has a vendetta against me or something because it continuously sneaks into my house and POOPS all over my kitchen! It's disguisting! This was the SIXTH time it's happend! That's right SIXTH! I figured it was finally time to post something about it!

Here is a little present the bird left all over my wall!
Now, last but not least, the reason for my title! As we were all sitting around the camp fire on the night of the fourth, we started discussing how parents have the most ridiculous names for their kids! I told everyone that Grant's worst nick name was Diddlesworth! I don't know where I got it from but it makes me laugh just reading it! Lindsey said that her worst nickname for Lydia was Poodle Noodlekins! We had a good laugh about both of them! Some other HORRIBLE nick names I have for Grant are:
Monkey or Monk
Diddle
Pummmyumpkin
Grunt
Stinky Feet Pete
Papi
Magoocifer
and many many more! So, I just wanted to share some of my crazy names I give my poor child! I know that we all have them though! Leave me a comment and tell me the worst name you have for your child! I would love to hear and it would also help me know that I am not completely crazy! Thanks!

4 comments:

Blain&Deedra said...

How fun, I'm glad you had a camper, that definitely makes camping with kids WAY easier. Blain has some crazy names for the kids, usually what is happening at the time, Disgusting, for diaper duty, but my favorite is Munchykins, which he says in a growly voice. Terd bottoms, Stinky Butts, He loves his little girls so much.

Mike and Quel said...

Stinkin Lincoln, poor kid... I'm glad you guys had fun over the 4th!

Lee said...

You guys always do it up right! I want to go on a Southam Vacation! oh and worst name for Wylee was "Panties"...yes "panties".lol.

beth said...

Hey Toni, those nicknames aren't so bad...they are just funny! I read on line about a judge in Australia who ordered a girls name to be changed, it was; Talulu does the hula in Hawaii! Can you believe that...he was unsuccessful at changing another one...Violence. Now that is crazy! Love ya, love reading your blog...maybe someday I will get really creative and receive an award:) xo