Monday, July 14, 2008

In Memory of Richard Gene Kirk

Nathan's cousin Richard passed away early in the morning on July 9, 2008. He was only 19 years old. I didn't know him too well, but to Nathan, he was like a little brother! Richard's family is having a hard time, I know that none of you know them, but if you could keep them in your prayers we would be so grateful! They are such amazing people who are suffering from their loss!
Nathan and I attended his funeral today. It was so hard for one, he was so young, and also, it just brought back so many memories of my cousin Gian, who just passed away! I think that seeing his family hurting was the hardest part, as was for Gian's funeral! Both these events have left a lot for my mind to chew on! Sometimes I have such a hard time understanding why but I know that our Heavenly Father has his reasons! We just have to live with the comfort of knowing that they are both in a better place and that someday we will see them again! Events like this really open your eyes as to how precious life really is and how we have to try our hardest not to take it for granted! I just want to let all my friends and family know how much I love and appreciate them. I can't tell you all enough how much you mean to us. I just don't want to ever make the mistake again of not letting someone know how important they are to me, because I have slipped up and done it twice now!
This is a really bad picture of Richard, as soon as Nathan gets home from Vernal, I will post a new one! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Blain&Deedra said...

I'm so sorry Toni! It is so hard to deal with someone dying, especially when they die so young! We are moving August 1st. I am going to hopefully get my girls room painted next weekend so I'll post pictures when I'm through!

ashley b said...

Ah Toni I'm so sorry! It's so hard to lose people and feel like it was WAY too soon...but it's good to know that Heavenly Father can see everything so much better than we can. And I love you guys too! I promise I will call you one of these days soon!

ashley b said...

Hey Toni! I gave you a blog award...come by and pick it up!