Friday, April 17, 2009

An Update...Kind of!

Well, nothing new has really happened lately. Nathan is doing great and I am so grateful for that, but this whole situation is getting frustrating. We still have no idea what has caused this. They have pretty much narrowed out an accidental drug overdose and endocarditis, but not completely. He was moved to the neurological ward where they have been doing MRIs and CT's to figure out why there is swelling on his brain. Some of the doctors think it is consistent with meningitis but others are skeptical because he is so healthy right now. He can walk and talk and everything. They did a lumbar puncture earlier today and tried SIX times before they decided to take him to x-ray and do it there.

I think Nathan is getting a little stir crazy being couped up inside the hospital. I sure know that Grant is dying to get out of this hotel. I am starting to feel like a vagabond, moving from home to home (accept I am moving from hotel to hotel). It's getting quite expensive too. I am just glad we had some savings, which is dwindling now; so hopefully he won't be here too much longer!

I know I shouldn't be complaining about anything because I have been blessed with the most amazing gifts; my son and my husband pulling through this with no brain damage or anything.

By the way, tomorrow is my birthday! I can't believe I will be 23! When did I get so old? I think I should be allowed to stay 22 since I will be spending the birthday in a hospital room next to my husband! It would only be fair!

Anyway, thanks for all of the love and support everyone has given through out this whole ordeal! It means so much to Nathan and I to have such great friends and family! Keep Nathan in your prayers. And remember my friend Sid I told everyone about, the one who comforted me and was so amazing when I first got to the hospital, her brother passed away tonight so keep their family in your thoughts and prayers too!

3 comments:

siddefa said...

thank you Toni for asking everyone to keep our family in their thoughts and prayers! We certainly need them. I am so happy that Nathan is doing well and that you are home! Happy Belated B-Day!Don't you ever forget what a special spirit you are.

dandnblack said...

Oh Toni! I so understand your frustration! It can be soo frustrating and hard to keep your heads up and stay positive about things. We are going on 7 months now and just have a diagnosis, but still have to do more testing and then experiment with treatments. Testing can be so hard because everybody is so different, but it's so great that he is so healthy!

Melanie said...

I'm glad he doing better! That is so scary.
I know I'm kind of late, but Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one!