Sunday, April 5, 2009

"So Long! Farewell! Bla bla bla...!"

It's finally out! My IUD is gone! I asked the doctor to stomp on it when he got it out. He said he forgot to! What can you do?

Anyway, I went in for surgery Friday morning. Not too much fun! I was soooo nervous. My doctor started getting into all of the terrible things that could happen. He said worst case scenario, he would have to perform a full on c-section to get it out! I was terrified that I would wake up and have this huge cut across my stomach.

Luckily everything went great. It only took him about an hour to get it out. It was underneath my uterus resting on my intestines. Best part of all, he only had to make two little incisions. One in my belly button and one really really low. Like lower than the lowest low rise jeans ever.

I'm feeling pretty good. Pretty sore. My stomach is still poking out a little bit because of the swelling. All in all, I am just super happy the stupid thing is gone!

Would I ever get one again -and IUD-? H-E-Double Hockey Sticks NO!

By the way. Here's a tribute to Castle View Hospital! It gets a bad rap because it's a small town and if one bad thing happens, the entire town hears about it and freaks out. Seriously though, if I have the opportunity, I will have every single one of my kids there, and any other procedures I need.

I had to have nose surgery when I was 16 up north and the care was awful. They just get you in and out as fast as they can! Every experience I have had with Castle View has been so wonderful. I have had the greatest nurses and doctors! I am going to miss Dr. Nielson too. I've been to a lot of doctors moving around so much and he is amazing! Thanks Dr. N for not having to do a c-section either! Whew!

Do you love the smiley face they drew on my bandage to surprise me when I woke up?

3 comments:

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

I'm so glad everything went okay:)

Julia Armstrong said...

Whew!!! I have another friend that had the same problem! I've been thinking about an IUD to avoid the Mon, Tues, Wed...thing but now I don't know that it is worth it. Well done!
Julia

Davis Family said...

I bet you are extremely glad that thing is finally out!