Sunday, August 24, 2008

More traveling fun!

So, I have been doing a lot of introspecting (is introspecitve a word with "ing" at the end?) about who I am lately! It seems like I go through this little stage quite often! It's not that I am unhappy with who I am, it's quite the opposite, I just feel like sometimes other people don't get to know WHO I really am! I am always trying to act like someone else because I always think someone is much more exciting, or classy, or smarter, or prettier or just EVEYTHING better than me! K, that really does sound like I am unhappy with myself, but I swear I am not! I've decided to kind of turn my blog into more of a journal now though because of this! I want to be me and let people know WHO I really am! So, I am apologizing now for some of the boring posts that I will most definately publish on my blog, but I am excited to start something new!
First off though, I know that I said that I was done traveling for a while. Well...apparently I was wrong! Friday afternoon (I think) my friend Raquel called and asked "are you going to stake relief society temple day tomorrow?" I replied "I don't have a babysitter for Grant but I will see what I can do"! I remembered that I had been talking to my mom and she had mentioned how very much she missed "monkey" and wanted to meet me in Vernal some time to see him! *Note to all planning on bearing children in the future, once they come along, you are only good for one thing anymore in the eyes of your parents. Providing visitations of the grandkids! Don't take it offensively, it's just the way the cookie crumbles!
Back to my story, so I hung up the phone with Raquel and called my mother who is the most gracious human being in the world! She didn't even question the fact that she would have to leave her casa at 7 am to meet me in Vernal by nine!
So, I called Raquel back and us (and a few other ladies in my ward) left the next morning bright and early for the pulchritudinous Vernal temple! It was such a great experience! I haven't had the opportunity to visit the temple in such a long time! You forget how great it can be!
After leaving the temple, we went to the park for a picnic where I met up with my cousin Tash and her adorable baby boy Stetson! He was the chubbiest baby I think I have ever seen! You can't tell from the pictures but being only 6 months old, he weighs as much as Grant! He was also just a sweet sweet little guy! It was great to see Tash too! We haven't seen eachother in AGES!
Can I just say also that I have the GREATEST ward in the world! I absolutely love everyone in it and we all do so many fun things together! It seems as though most of the women in my ward are in the same situation as me! I think tax forms explain it pretty well, married but claiming single, accept for us it's single claiming married! Most of our husbands are ALWAYS gone with work and it seems like no one has family here either so we all really depend on eachothers friendship!
For example, every month, we have a girls night out and this month it was at my house! Lucky me! No, I actually really love doing things like that! I am kind of an attention hog! My good friend Raquel came to that also! You have to know Raquel, she is just as hyper and crazy as me (accept I think she is WAY less annoying)! I just love the girl to death! We had to laugh at Girl's Night about the fact that it's kind of hard for other people to get a word in with the two of us around! We had such a great night...and early morning! We stayed up til about 2 AM talking! Well, enough writing and on to the fun pictures! Hope you enjoy them! Melissa, Bonnie, Raquel, Me, and Jen! All of them some of the most amazing women I have ever met! Once again, my pictures are out of order!
We also had brownies and drinks and stuff set up but I didn't take a picture!
Fun little cake thingies I made! I have to say they turned out extremely cute!

This was at the beginning of the night! Quite a few more people showed up later!
My mamacita!

3 comments:

DAVIS said...

okay.. How did you make those "fun lil cake thingys"? They are absolutely adorable! If they are on like a preschool lever.. you should definately tell me how you made them.. if they are advanced you can tell me anyways.. I could attempt.. but they won't turn out looking like that.. those are professional!! Kudos!!!

ashley b said...

You are so crafty Toni! And I think you are hilarious so I look forward to your journaling! You will have to share with me what those cake thingys are and how you made them. WAY cute!

dandnblack said...

It was so good to see you!! I didn't want you to leave at all, but we will definately have to do something soon.