Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There's NO place like home!!!

First off, Grant is officially 18 months! I cannot believe it! We changed his bed into a "Big Boy" bed and he slept all night in it! I just put him in and he was out! Hopefully all my bragging doesn't ruin everything!

Next, my cousin Alicia and her family came up and visited us! It was so much fun! I always love when she comes up, even though for some reason whenever we get together, our kids are INSANE! This was after an eventful time at IHOP (where we had the creepiest waiter in the world that said they had been out of waffles for SEVEN months!) It was so cute! They all conked out the same direction!

Anyways...so FINALLY, I am home and hopefully for a few weeks! I am totally traveled out! This may have been my craziest summer ever! I won't get into it all! Anyways, I just got home from Sheridan, Wyoming! My good friend Lindsey is from there and has always wanted me to go! She is always trying to convince me that there really are pretty parts of Wyoming. Anyways...she got work off and we headed up! What should have been a 6 hour trip turned into TWELVE hours! It was pretty crazy but we definately had a lot of fun! On the way up, we stopped at a part of the Oregon Trail! We also stopped at South Pass, which apparently, is a pass in the south of Wyoming that the pioneers went through! It's also an old mining town! Gold mines of all things! It was way fun to see everything! They have restored all of the old houses and shops! Here are some pictures and I will continue my story underneath them! This was in South Pass City! It was SOOO cold! Lindsey and I bought matching hoodies! Poor Grant didn't have a hoody because we didn't think it would be cold, it's August for Heaven's Sake, but anyways...the lady at the shop felt bad and ran out and gave me this sweater for him for free! What a kind person!
This is one of the gold mines you drive past on your way into the city!
Here are Grant and I posing in front of the sign that says you are on the Oregon Trail!



This is Lindsey's little girl, Lydia, who is also Grant's best friend, well, only friend really! ha ha!
Here they are collecting rocks at South Pass! Everytime we stopped, both of them had to grab a handful!


This is in Sheridan on Main Street! I have to say, the Main Street there is ballin'! There were so many cute boutiques and things!
This is at Lindseys mom's shop! It's a kitchen store and therefore has a kitchen for kids to play with! Look at what a gentleman my little Grant is! Getting dinner ready for Lydia!
Lydia giving Grant a "Bear Hug" or "Bear Strangle" as I like to call it! Poor Grant had a HORRIBLE time! I cut his eye on the tv stand. He had a big bumb on the back of his head where Lydia lost control with her "Bear Strangle" and they fell back and hit the entertainment center! Then, at church, Grant and I were leaving and he whacked his head on the cement and had a nice road rash! Also, he fell off the bed in the middle of the night! Which, it was a REALLY REALLY high bed!
Here is another picture at South Pass! I struggle with the order of things sometimes!
More South Pass!
We stopped at Independence Rock on the way home! I was so excited to get to stop at all these places! I went about four years ago with our Stake but I did NOT want to be there and didn't pay attention to anything! I have always completely regretted that and have wanted to go again so badly!
Grant and Lydia are sitting on Independence Rock!


Here is an awful picture of Devil's Gate! We didn't really get to stop there! It's actually like right across the street from Independence Rock!


Here is the sign that leads into Martin's Cove! We didn't have the chance to take the little walk up to the cove, which I wish we would have, but being near it, well, it's a really surreal feeling!
Here is a post that marks part of the Oregon trail! You can still even see the road a little bit!
Grant hanging out on Independence Rock!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Look at little...I mean BIG Grant! I loved when they all feel asleep that day. There was no noise for 3.5 seconds! I love losing my mind, so we will have to do it again soon. :)

ashley b said...

How fun Toni! I wish we lived closer so we could do fun trips like that! Grant looks SO big to me! And I love his big boy bed! You are SO lucky he is cool with sleeping in it! I got your card the other day! You are way too talented in that area...you put me to shame! Thank you it was sweet! Well we REALLY need to catch up! Take care! Love you guys!

Photography By Jo said...

Congrats Grant on graduating to a big boy bed! That's great that he loves it so much and is sleeping all night in it.

Blain&Deedra said...

That sounds like such a fun trip. My family went like 6 years ago! When we got to Wyoming I totally got why the pioneers nearly froze to death, and many died. All the way it is so nice and then in Wyoming its cold even in AUGUST. It's so sad. Martins cove was awesome too. Sad for Grant getting all those bumps but hey what is an 18 month old for if not to get a few bumps on the noggin?