Monday, August 11, 2008

Reading Frenzy


So, I have been on this crazy reading kick lately! I really really love to read and there are just so many awesome books out there! I swear that I live at the library! I also really love to read best sellers to see what all the buzz is about! It has to be good if it's on top of the New York Time's best sellers list. I also love to read classics! Anyways...here are some of the books I've read and I will write something under each of them telling you my opinion on it! Maybe it will spark your interest and maybe you'll think this is lame! Who knows! I really liked the "Twilight" series. I wouldn't say that I LOVED it though (I'm just not a huge romantic kind of girl. I also just really love Stephanie Meyer as a person because 1. she's LDS 2. She's from Phoenix and 3. She went to BYU)! I just read the last book "Breaking Dawn" and the beginning of the book was AWESOME! I couldn't put it down. All the way until towards the middle and then it slowed down a little! It picked up again towards the end but it wasn't what I expected! I wouldn't say I was disappointed by any means, it was really good, just different than I thought! Over all, I'd give it two thumbs up!
This book was SOOO good! It depressed me for pretty much the entire day after I read it though! The things that the people go through back in the Middle East was really brought to my attention and it really gave me a whole different outlook about the war in Iraq, even though this book takes place in Afghanistan! I actually listened to this book on cd's which I recommend because the author is the one narrating it and you get to hear all the pronunciations of the names! Definite two thumbs up!
Jane Eyre...I'm sad to say that I had the hardest time finishing this book! It's good and all, I mean it's a classic, I'm just not a big romantic sort of girl! I'd give it one thumb up!
I really like this book! It's actually a series! So far I have only read the first but it was way good! The librarian recommended it to me after reading the Twilight series! So, if you like Twilight, you'll probably really enjoy this! It's a two thumber!
The Giver! Wow, what an awesome book! It really left a lot on my mind after reading it! It was completely not what I expected but also exceeded my expectations! Definite two thumbs!
His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman! This is where the movie "The Golden Compass" comes from! I read the whole trilogy this month and have to say it was a complete disappointment! The first was way way good, the second, bored me to tears, and the third was just plain WEIRD! I don't recommend it at all! It's really religious and makes God into this horrid, evil tyrant, who lies and deceipts and manipulates! Two thumbs DOWN!
I was really skeptical about this series! When I checked out the first one, I didn't know what it was and then found out it was the first book in "The Women's Murder Club" series! I had seen previews for the show on tv and it looked SOOOO lame! But I have to say the books were great! They really had me going kind of crazy! I do have to say that they swear a lot in it! If these were rated as a movie, it would be a definate PG-13! But, I would give the whole series two thumbs up!

5 comments:

ashley b said...

you have been busy reading! I need to pick up some more books..they seem to help improve my memory...which can use all the help it can get! so i'm so offended that you think Midnight Sun sounds lame. I really am excited for it! But maybe that's because I have a massive crush on Edward! ha ha I'll just let you know how that one goes how bout! oh so what's the scoop on your maybe coming through? i'm guessing it didn't happen. well just call me when you have a chance! love ya!

Confessions of a Teenage Mom said...

Lol, I knew it was you! I've seen your page from my sister's before! But thanks! Dee dee gave me the idea to blog about this stuff so every few days will be a new little "chapter" as to what happened and what not. Pictures come along as they hapepend. Lol. Talk to you later.

Photography By Jo said...

I'm reading breaking dawn now but when I finish I'll be coming back to this post for more book ideas. I'm not a big reader but I'm going on 4 months with a book a month. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Mike and Quel said...

I want to read Jane Eyre, I love romantics, so I would love it I bet! I'll have to finish Breaking Dawn. I"m such a slow reader. Thanks for letting us come over last Sun!

Flaherty Fam said...

I love to read and live at the library too. Thanks for posting books you have read. I will have to check some of them out.