Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Two Cents

I just have to put my two cents in about Sarah Palin. The way the media is belittling her because of her 17 year old daughter being pregnant. I just read the most awesome quote and here it is:
"Remember that before you judge or poke fun at Sarah Palin. She's not the candidate whose daughter messed up. She's the candidate who didn't get rid of the mess."

Do we honestly believe that Bristol is the first candidate’s daughter to ever get knocked up? Just since 1964, there have been 37 girls whos’ parents have run for office between the ages of 15 to 30. With the odds and statistics of unplanned pregnancy, odds are that at least 4 to 5 of those girls were pregnant. At least Sarah's daughter did the honorable thing and lived with the results of her actions!

People need to focus on her political views and issues. Lindsay Lohan made the most ignorant comment on her blog stating that she thinks Sarah Palin is wrong for telling everyone her daughter is pregnant and that Mrs. Palin should be focused on political issues. Hello...it's not Sarah Palin's fault that that is all the media cares about. Whether or not she came out and said any thing, people would have started noticing her daughters bump sooner or later? It was inevitable that this would be a top story and there was nothing Sarah could have done about it. Something like this should not matter in the least bit on whether or not she is fit to be VP. I think she is just the most amazing person and is exactly what our country needs.

She is such a "normal person" in the aspect that she deals with issues like all of us deal with. She has a down syndrome infant, yes, her teen daughter is pregnant, her husband works in the oil field, she has a son in Iraq and so much more. She understands things that all of us deal with everyday. She can relate so much to, I think every person I have on my blog's friend list. She has so much in common with all of us. She definately seems to support the middle class, unlike Obama, who will be the ruin of the middle class, which is exactly what he wants. He wants our lives to be ran by the government. He's not the "government by the people" he is the "government OVER the people"! I just want to know how raising taxes will help any thing? I know it will help ruin the lives of my family. As well as Nathan does, we would pay so much in taxes, we couldn't survive. But hey, more welfare money for the white trash in the world to buy cigarettes and booze! Tell me something else, how is putting a tax on the gas companies principal going to do anything for our rising gas price problems? All they will do is raise the prices higher to make up for the ridiculous tax they will be charged. And the foreclosure crisis? Let's raise capital gains taxes from 15 percent to almost 30 percent. Then NO ONE will be able to sell there house and foreclosures will be worse than ever! They won't be able to afford to sell their house!

I could go on and on and I will, I just need to get up for the day and get some things done!



P.S. I just wanted to say thanks so much for all of your support that you have given me through this hard time for my family. I am happy to say that Nathan and I are going to work things out! It's going to be a long road to recovery but I know it is the right thing to do! I'm sorry for posting things so soon, but when you are at the end of your rope and feel completely empty, well, I didn't know what else to do! Some of you probably think I am completely insane, and well...if you ever go through anything like that, you will understand that it makes you insane! Thanks again for all your support and if you feel like keeping us in your prayers still, feel free! We would really appreciate it!

Love,

Toni

5 comments:

ashley b said...

well your two cents is worth my dollar! i'm horrible at keeping up with politics. I did enjoy hearing what you had to say. i've been going crazy hearing all this anti Palin mumbo jumbo! amen to it all Toni!

Photography By Jo said...

Amen! I think she is wonderful and that she is going to know better what our shoes feel like than any of the other candidates. Amen to small government and lower taxes! Leave it to private charities to help those who are financially burdened. They will do a much better job! I could go on too!

Dallas and Natalie Turley said...

I was really that excited about Palin at first but after hearing her speak at the Republican convention I am soo excited that she was chosen! She sounds like a wonderful person, who would do a great job in Washington

Chance and Sarah said...

I agree. Also, did you know that Obama is for live-birth abortions. Are you kidding me, that is murder and anyone who would ever do that to an innocent child can go to you know where in my book.

beth said...

Hey toni, probably Palin is better than any of the other candidates...it's the media who mess things up...well, I should take notes and write something interesting on my blog too :) I think I would like some new pics of Grant...what do you think? Love ya, aunt beth