Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Prodigal IUD

Except there is nothing happy about its return really, I guess. Actually, I probably should just use an entirely new title. Well, here is the story. I went in to my doctors in September to have my IUD taken out. He couldn't find the strings and said it meant one of two things;My IUD had fallen out or it had gotten turned around, and the strings were not accesible. He said I needed to have an ultra sound done. So, one ultra sound down and no IUD; then another ultra sound and still nothing. They said that this could mean one of two things;My IUD had fallen out or it was floating around in my abdominal cavity and had to be surgically removed. Well, I figured that it most definitely had fallen out because I wasn't in any pain. Well, after 6 months of not being preggers,I had my dad schedule an appointment for an x-ray and.... There it is! Floating around in my body! Awesome! Looks like Nathan and I are going to be hospital buddies because we just found out he tore his miniscus, and has to have surgery on that! Bring it on!!!

P.S. In case you need help finding it, it's the GIANT T just hanging out by itself.

13 comments:

Lee said...

Funny, I just had my IUD adjusted last week because they said it had tilted! I don't know what that means, but it lead to a ultrasound and some fudging. Hope the surgery goes well...for both of you. xoxo

Marlene said...

How in the world does that happen? Good luck with your surgery. Let me know if you need anything.

DAVIS said...

You poor thing! Seriously... What are the odds of that happening? I hope everything goes well! :-)

Melanie said...

That's crazy! I'm sure everything will go well. Good luck!

ashley b said...

oh mylanta toni! :) i've been so worried about you about this whole thing. silly huh. that's pretty sweet that it's just chillin in there you know. well what does the surgery exactly entail? crazy. hope it goes well. can't wait to find out you're preggers soon! :) love ya!

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

Wow, well I'm glad they found it but that stinks that you have to have surgery. I hope it goes ok. I had so much fun going to lunch the other day!

Marcia said...

That is just crazy. Do the doctors know how that happens? Good luck with both of your surgeries.

Flaherty Fam said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that. You must be like one in a million. I'm glad they finally figured out where the heck it went and you no longer have to worry about "1 of 2 things".

Mike and Quel said...

At least now you FINALLY know where it is. Let me know when you guys have the wonderful surgeries and we can keep Grant. Are you home yet?:)

The Followell Family said...

Oh my gosh crazy. Hopefully the surgery won't be too painful and then you can hurry and get pregnant. Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you are well.

Photography By Jo said...

WOW! That is crazY! I didn't know that could even happen!

Mike and Quel said...

Hey so I was going to tell you, me and Linc are going to St G for almost 2 weeks, we are leaving Tues this week. Yea! I'm so excited! (mike is of course on a job and will just fly down when its done) But I still want to have some movies nights! I'll let you know when I get back. And if you do get a chance, you should go visit Felicia. I think she would really like that right now.

alane said...

uhm my IUD went thru my uterus and ended up in my abdomen... pretty rare but scary and life threatening i guess... anyway... i kept tellin my husband i thought i had internal bleeding... and he just laughed but then i couldnt stop takin pain pills to cope so he told me to go to the dr and they couldnt find it inside my vag or with an internal or external sonogram so they sent me for an xray, sure enough where i was having severe pain was where they found the IUD