Sunday, March 8, 2009

How to drive yourself mad in a matter of days!

This last week has pretty much been the craziest week of my life. After finally getting a full night's rest, I had some time to think and I am pretty sure I have mastered the art of driving yourself mad! So, if you are interested in trying it out, repeat the steps below and I am sure you will succeed! It all began around Thursday of last week. One of my really good friends is having a baby. Well, a friend of hers informed me she wanted to have a baby shower for Lindsey and asked if I could help. So, by Thursday, I realized I had to have the invitations out so I ran to the scrapbook strore and threw these together and got them out! I'm actually excited with the way they turned out for being so last minute!

The next day, my friend Terry's little boy was having his fourth birthday. She is such a great friend and always doing so much for Nathan and I. She always tells me how much she loves my cakes so I decided to suprise her and make her son one for his birthday day. So, I stayed up super late Friday working on the bad boy.
The next morning was my fiirst 5K. It was called the Frost Bite. You think I would have taken the hint from the name and have decided otherwise. So, I dropped Grant off at Raquel's (thanks again by the way) and she watched him while I ran. It was so cold, the first 3 minutes I really didn't think I could do it because my lungs were hurting so bad. Then I warmed up and it wasn't too bad! I had a great time. Later that night, Raquel and I pulled the 'ol switch-e-roo and traded kids. I watched Lincoln that night. It was a lot of fun. I love when Grant and Lincoln play together. It keeps them both occupied. It really makes me want to have another child for Grant to play with. I guess we will just keep trying and hoping!


These are some of the rag quilts I started making this week. Above is the picture of my battle scars. It was awful. I swear EVERYONE under the sun is popping out a kid in the upcoming month!
On Wednesday, I went out to lunch with Raquel and one of my friends from Utah, Nicole K., that just moved here. Her and Raquel are going to start working together so I figured I would introduce them!
These cookies seriously took me like 5 hours to make and they didn't even turn out that amazing. There was frosting EVERYWHERE! That was my all day task for Wednesday.

I ended up going to Salt Lake on Friday with one of my really good friends and his best friend. We had such a great time (no worries, he's gay!). We got a lot of shopping accomplished!

By Saturday morning, I was soooo overwhelmed. I didn't get home until so late on Friday night from Salt Lake. The missionaries called and asked if I had any service projects for them. This was about an hour before the shower and I still had so much to do. So...I comissioned them to come and mop my floor! They knock on the door like 5 minutes later. There were 4 of themHa. It was pretty fun. I felt a little ghetto but hey! They did a great job and then they went to the church and picked up some chairs for me! Thanks so much guys, you saved my life!

Here's the guest of honor Lindsey. I didn't even have a chance to put make-up on. Oh well!


This strawberry limeaide was the BOMB!



We played this game where a baby was frozen in ice. Whoever's ice melted first won because their "water broke"!

Lydia was trying to give Grant a kiss!
Through all of this craziness, I was working on my college finals every night! They took sooooo much time. I turned them in last night 2 minutes before midnight. They actually aren't due til today but I have a no Sunday homework policy! I start my next block of classes tomorrow!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH you have been busy!! Yeah, I think I would have DIED if I tried to do 1/2 of the stuff you did in one week- All your projects are REALLY cute, though!

ashley b said...

you should officially change your name to wonder woman! holy moly lady! man i wish so bad we lived closer. we would have so much fun and our boys would be Ti-ight (like unto a dish). :) You are amazing toni marie!

Marcia said...

I have no idea how you got that much stuff done. I think I would have actually gone crazy.

DAVIS said...

Okay! So it is official! I do not know anyone more crafty than you! I wish I could do at least one of the million things that you can do!!!!

Mike and Quel said...

Man I have weeks like that, they suck! I'm such a stress ball in the first place on a normal day. That pic of Linc was cute, thanks! And it was seriously so easy to watch Grant. Let me know when you need me again, they are so good together. Good luck with finals, not fun!

dandnblack said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so glad that I am not the only crazy lady trying to do to many things! You are freaking AWESOME. You are so talented in so many ways. You seriously should do a girls night out and teach us how to decorate cakes lik that! I would love to learn how to! I love your cakes!

Photography By Jo said...

We went to Nathan Burton comedy Magic... It wasn't what I would have hoped oh well... (I know that was a late response!)

Sounds like you have been busy! How do you manage? I can't seem to get it figured out.

Julia Armstrong said...

You are so creative and artsy! I wish I had that bug.
Julia (Johnson)