Friday, May 30, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!!

Tournament of the Kings! Soooo much fun! It was super corny but I loved every minute of it!
This was the guy we cheered for! They put you in sections and we were in the Dragon Section!
Toni Southam, Warrior Princess!!! Haha!
There a first time for everything and this is one of them! My VERY FIRST pair of flip flops ever! I have never ever owned a pair!
Getting ready to go to the Phantom of the Opera! It was AMAZING! If you ever get the chance, I completely recommend it! I had chills on my arms the entire time!
We stayed at the Tropicana and this was a shot of the pool! It was such a nice pool and the weather was great too!
A real pair of Christian Louboutin shoes! I think there is more money in shoes sitting right there than the cost of my house! This is the closest I will ever get to owning a pair so I wanted to savor the memory!

Oh my gosh!!!! It's Whoopy Goldberg. Just standing there! Well....kind of! It's actually her wax statue! Pretty cool!
This is what it looks like after you run from one end of the strip to the other bare foot! Nathan and I had went out to eat at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant and had tickets to The Phantom of the Opera after all the way at the Venetian! It took forever at the restaurant so when we were done, we had to book it over to the play! I tried to keep up with Nathan but I had high heels on so...I took them off and we ran! It was quite the disguisting experience and I swear my heels aren't really cracked! It's just the picture!

Nathan looking out over the canal at the Venetian! So pretty!
New York New York again! Over by the ESPN store! I was testing my skills!
Nathan and I went to New York New York and rode the roller coaster! It was awesome! How can I have no problem with these crazy roller coasters but be terrified of an air plane?
Eiffel Tower! The restaurant is inside of it!
David Copperfield! Nathan and I went to the David Copperfield show and guess who got to go on stage and disappear? ME!!! It was so exciting! He made a few of us disappear and end up in the back behind the audience! Then, we went into a room after the show and we got to meet him and get an autographed picture of him!
Nathan and I went out to eat at the Eiffel Tower restaurant! When they brought his $28.00 salad out, I couldn't help but burst out in giggles! This salad was hilarious! I figured out the secret to how rich people stay skinny! I mean, there is like zero food here! I do have to say that the food and service was AMAZING! I highly recommend it. The view is awesome. Just make sure you save up because it's freakin' expensive!
Me, sporting the hat we bought at the aquarium in Mandalay Bay!
At the Luxor! We went on this WAY stupid ride! I don't even know how to explain it!
Nathan looking excited to go on the ride!
At Mandalay Bay, they had this huge aquarium, I guess you can call it! It had sharks and all sorts of fun things! They had a little part where you can touch some of the fish! I got to touch the sting ray! Creepy!!!
Okay, so my crazy husband and I were having a really crappy day last Saturday! Our basement flooded a few days earlier and things have just been kind of "blah"! So, we went out to eat at Winger's and decided right then and there that we were going to fly to Las Vegas because that's where all the crazy people go and we were definately being crazy! So, we drove home, got on Travelocity and left the next morning to Salt Lake where we flew out to Vegas! First we met my mom though and she took Grant for us!
Anyways...we had SOOO much fun! Here are a few pictures of some of the stuff that we did! We stayed until Thursday and then flew home, which by the way, I totally HATE flying! I think the people next to me wanted to kill me because I was freaking out! So anyways, I wrote under all the pictures of what everything was and what we did. I figured it would be easier to understand that way.
We also went on the stratosphere ride but I didn't get any pictures cause the camera died! It was crazy.

11 comments:

suzy said...

FUN!! Especially since you got to do it childless. Aren't parents great?

Blain&Deedra said...

That sounds like a totally awesome way to just be crazy. I'm so JEALOUS especially of the Phantom show. I want to go SOOO bad!!!

Davis Family said...

How fun! That is awesome that you just did it on a whim. Sounds like you guys had the time of your life!

Unknown said...

ok, I can't beleive you've never owned a pair of flip flops! Those are what I LIVE in! I know what you mean by having goose bumps all through Phantom; Anthon took me to see it in New York & I had the same reaction! It sounded like such a fun trip- I'm glad you enjoyed it!

ashley b said...

How fun! Now why didn't you call us to meet up with you?! Ha ha I've done the vegas thing pregnant once and that was enough! Looks like you guys had tons of fun! And I'm pretty jealous that you got to disappear! I'm glad you guys got to do that! Miss you guys! Love ya!

Dunn Family said...

First of all, I can't believe you have never owned a pair of flip flops, that is crazy!! AND, those black feet are yucky! Gosh, Vegas truely is dirty, but fun!

Deirdra said...

Sounds like a great time! ANd I can't believe you've never owned flip flops, so congrats! I love them! I too have been to the Tournament of Kings, I agree corny but fun. I'm glad you got a little getaway, I grew up in St. George so I spent lots of time in Vegas. Ahhh...the good ol' days :)

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

Wow, that's so fun! You are so good at being spontaneous and fun, I love it! I have to say, that salad looks delicious, i love pretty food! I'm right there with you on Phantom too, it's my favorite. Looks like you had tons of fun. Love you!

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun trip. I am dying to see Phantom of the Opera. I love going to Vegas...we always have such a great time. I can't believe you ran barefoot...crazy!

Photography By Jo said...

I'm jealous you got to see phantom. It looks like I'm not the first either.

beth said...

Hi Toni, I am so happy for you that you can do such fun things...you are so lucky to have someone wonderful...like your mom:)..to watch Grant. I am glad you had a good time. miss you, aunt beth