Thursday, May 8, 2008

Arizona!!!

Grant LOVES his Cheetos!



Craziness at Native New Yorker!
I think this is the funniest picture ever!
Grant fell asleep at the pool so we wrapped him in a wet towel to keep him cool and stuck my hat on him!


So this last week was kind of a bitter-sweet sort of week! The bitter because it was my cousin Gian's funeral, which I have to say, was the hardest thing I have ever been to but in all it was a beautiful ceremony and I know my cousin is in a better place!
Now on the sweet side, I had to see all my friends and family and it was soooo wonderful! I drove up (or down) to Arizona on Thursday and got there around midnight! I stayed in Overgaard with my very best friend EVER, Ashley! It was sooo much fun! I was so excited that we got to spend time together! Her house is so adorable and she is the best hostess ever! We ended up meeting one of my life long friends, Deedra, and her two gorgeous little girls. It was so funny because on the way there, Ashley and I were talking about how Deedra's life must be absolutely crazy with twins and we just don't know how she does. Well, little did we know, her twins are like the best behaved kids EVER! I swear I spent the whole time there standing up and chasing Grant! It was so fun though! I loved seeing my "Unofficial" God Son also. He is the cutest, sweetest little boy. Him, Grant, and I played peek-a-boo for a while Friday night and they thought it was the funniest thing in the world.
Anyways, I headed down to Phoenixish area Saturday and stayed the night at my Grandma's. The next morning Nathan flew in and we went and stayed at the Hilton! We got such a ballin deal! 65 bucks! I'm telling you guys, Price Line is the greatest website ever! We went to the viewing later that nigh and then to the funeral Monday morning. Then I dropped Nathan off at the airport that evening! Once he left, I stayed at a hotel with my parents and sisters. It was so much fun! We had a great time swimming and just being crazy like we always are!
All in all, the trip went by way too fast and I miss Arizona like crazy. I love everything about it there! Hopefully I will get down there soon again!

4 comments:

ashley b said...

It was so fun having you over Toni! Gage doesn't know what to do without having someone to boss around now! That is pretty sweet that we both are experiencing phone problems! Oh and we need to have a talk about a certain picture on this post! I think you know which one I'm talking about! ha ha At least photo shop me out of there! :) Oh and I do need a copy of it because it IS hilarious! Well I better get to getting! Love ya!

Davis Family said...

I love Arizona too! It sounds like you had such a fun trip. Maybe we were at the play at the same time or at least in AZ at the same time. It would have been really fun to see you, but some other time I guess!

Deirdra said...

A bittersweet trip. You look fantastic, do you live at the gym? Way to go girl!

Flaherty Fam said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is such a hard thing. I had a cousin die in a car accident at the age of 17 and it was the hardest funeral I have ever been to. I'm glad you had fun here in AZ. Grant is so cute and getting so big.