Friday, February 29, 2008

In a nut shell!

So life has been crazy here in the Southam Family. Ha, just kidding. I am just incredibly lazy! What can you do. Anyways, so I am finally updating my blog. Here is a nice little time line of events that have happened over the last month and a half since I have updated.
First and foremost, my little man turned one! It's the craziest thing in the world to say I have a one year old. We had a small little birthday party for him. Poor little guy was so sick though. He just wanted everyone to leave and let him sleep. He didn't even really eat his birthday cake. He mostly just crumbled it and tasted a little. It is so fun to see him grow though. I can't believe how much I love him.





Now this is a hilarious story. Well, it is to me. So for those of you who know me, I have this small problem with losing jackets. I lost my friend Ashley's jacket once when I lived in Arizona. I still have yet to know what became of the coat. Not long after, I lost my little brothers coat. Sophmore year in high school, my friend Janelle lent me her coat at a badeball game. Never saw it again after that! I am sure there are more, I just can't remember them all. As a side note, sorry to all of those who's jackets I have lost.
Back to the story. So, I got this jacket for myself for Christmas. I was so excited when I opened that gift from me to see it! Anyways, so one day I realized that I had no idea where my coat was. I just kind of figured it was probably in my truck so I didn't worry too much. It was not though. After about a weak, I really started to look for it and could not find it anywhere. Finally, I came to the conclusion that it was stolen when I went to the gym. So I was really sad. Anyways, Nathan and I had just gotten home from church and he went to let my dog out. He walked into the back yard and said "honey, I think you may want to come see this!" Sure enough, there was my jacket. Buried in my back yard in the snow. I still don't know how it got there but I am sure glad to have it back!

Don't let this picture fool you. He is just standing. No walking
For those of you wondering, No, Grant is still not walking. He's a smart kid because he knows someone will eventually just pick him up. I try to do the same thing but for some reason I don't get the same effect!

I got a phone call the other day from a lady who said that my husband had ordered some girl scout cookies and she was going to drop them by. I asked her if he had paid yet and she said "no"! I asked her how much I owed her and she replied "Eighty-Four Dollars!" I about died. Who in the world needs 24 boxes of girl scout cookies! That's right TWENTY-FOUR BOXES! When asked Nathan about he said, "I wanted to suprise you for your birthday!" Gee hun, my birthday isn't until April, are you sure that was what your intentions were? Really, who needs that many cookies? Apparently we do!

Last but not least. Although Grant doesn't walk, he can climb up and down the stairs. I found this out one day when I left him downstairs becuase I had to run outside, next thing I knew he was at the storm door staring out at me! We have also discovered that Grant has curly hair. It's the cutest thing in the world. It's kind of hard to get the full effect in this picture, or maybe it's not really the picture and just the fact that he has very little hair still. It's growing though!

1 comment:

ashley b said...

You're alive! ha ha I keep checking to see what's going on over there in Greenriver, but nothing! I'm glad you've updated! Grant is getting so big! His cake was so cute! Who made it? And I know you already told me about the jacket...but I still about died laughing reading about it! You crack me up! AND you totally got my hopes up with your Prego post! I was so sad to find out you haven't been smitten yet! Tomorrow is my day to find out what we're having! I know you don't want to put in an official guess...but what if you just give me an "unofficial" guess. How does that sound? I'm curious what you think, you are so intuitive! ha ha Well this is getting long! I will just have to call you for heavens sake! Love ya! Ash