Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Paris!

Top: View from on top of Notre Dame Catheral
Below: Palais Garnier (Paris Opera House)





Left: Gates to Versailles

Right: Random catherdral. There were many of these spaced throughout the city.






Above: Palais Garnier


Above: Bits of beauty






My heart is in Paris! Imagine my surprise when the first thing I saw was this (picture to the left) when I first climbed the stairs at the metro station.


The beauty in this city was indescribable.


There was also several things that surprised me. For one, the people. I always hear about the rudeness of Parisians. This was absolutely not the case. We met so many kind and wonderful people; it was quite refreshing!


Now take all the beauty, kindness and immense size of the city and add a wide-eyed girl with a camera. I was bound to go a little crazy, and I'm glad I did because I never want to forget this amazing city.


A piece of my heart is still there and hopefully one day I can return to leave a little more! Paris truly is the "city of love!"

2 comments:

Tiffany + Drew said...

So pretty! I would love to go again!

Julie said...

its just beautiful! I wouldn't wanna leave either!!