Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun at the Zoo and more...

So this weekend, Nathan, Grant, and I had the opportunity to visit Salt Lake City for some much needed family time. We stayed at the Red Lion Inn in Downtown Salt Lake and let me just tell you, if you ever have the opportunity to stay there, DON'T! First thing they have NOT going for them is their Sky Bar! Intriguing name? Don't let it fool you, it should be called The Most Idiotic, Stupid Idea for a restaurant in the World Bar! This bar/club is on top of the hotel and it literally vibrates the entire hotel until 1 o'clock in the morning Monday through Saturday! If that isn't bad enough, after the bar closes, all the drunken idiots go outside and hang out in the parking lot yelling and being drunk! I mean, maybe I am old fashioned, but when I was a kid, we went to hotels to sleep, not to sit up all night because of noise! Yet, it still gets worse. This time, at about 11 pm, the fire alarm went off, right when Grant had just fallen asleep. So, Nathan and I grabbed Grant and all of our stuff and headed outside into the freezing cold Salt Lake October air and waited for twenty plus minutes while our $11.99 pay per view movie played on in our room. Fortunately, the alarm was a false one, unfortunately, it completely ruined my chances of ever staying there again!
On a happier note, after our fun adventures at the Red Lion, we headed to the Hogle Zoo which was so much fun! Grant loved it and I loved it because it wore the kid out! After the zoo, we went across the street to "This is the Place"! For those of you who don't know, it's the place where Brigham Young and his party first entered the Salt Lake Valley! It has such an amazing view and also an amazing spirit about it! Here's a few pictures from our adventure!This picture really touched me. It's a family that had just finished the 1500 mile trek across the U.S. to finally reach Salt Lake (Zion) and the first thing they did was prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for the safety that they had been given and for the opportunity to be able to worship Him and truly be able to enjoy the freedom of religion!



Rhinos are HUGE!!!








Grant decided to get into my scrap booking supplies and help me paint Carli's bedroom!

One of my best friends, Tiffanie and I went to the Carbon vs Emery football game a few weeks ago! It was a lot of fun and sadly but not suprisingly, Carbon was mutilated! Grant had a lot of fun!

Here is Tiff's little guy, Champ! He is sooo cute and I just loved this picture. Grant use to make this face too when I would take a picture of him because the flash lets off a red light that suprises them.
My adorable little man enjoying some popcorn!

Last but not least, as many of you know and don't know, Nathan and I were going to be moving to California in December for 8 months for a military school Nathan had to attend. We just found out Saturday, that he won't have to go now and that we are going to stay in Wyoming! Yay! I'm really excited to go back home because I have been living with my parents while we packed the house and put it up for sale! I'm not excited to unpack already but what can you do? It also was good thinking we were going to move and sell the house because it gave us that last push we needed to finish all the little details that needed done in our house!

7 comments:

Lee said...

You should have called me, so we could meet up somewhere. Call me I don't have your number in my phone anymore...weird.

Melanie said...

Hey, I have a blog now! Yay!
and...Thank heaven we are not elephants!!! lol

Deirdra said...

I seriously can't believe how old Grant looks. he is a handsome little dude! I might add I feel like an elephant right now, but I must remember it could be worse.

Jeremy Jo and EmmaLee Tiny said...

What a trip!! Thats a bummer your hotel stay was so horrible. I would be SOOO upset if my baby got woke up at that time of night! And wow! Those Rinos have huge babies!

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

Looks like a fun trip! Skippy got his call to North Carolina. We have to get together sometime. I'm going to Mexico this week (yay!) but I'll call you next week when we get back.

cdy said...

Hey Toni, thanks for saying "hi", now I have your blog. Grant is so adorable. I bet your havin so much fun with him. You, me and your ma need to do a girls "meet in showlow" weekend again. That was fun. Keep up the great bloggin.
Crol

ashley b said...

You'll never believe it but YOU WON THE BAG! Yeah I swear I didn't even rig the drawing! ha ha Lucky woman!