Thursday, May 24, 2012

Moments and Milestones




This will probably be my last blog post for quite some time. I'm actually shocked and surprised I have been able to blog this much since making the transition from 2 to 3 kids! With school getting ready to start back up next week, I'm pretty sure any thoughts of freedom, let alone actual moments to think, will be all but gone. Anyway, here are some pictures of my boys and the fun activities we have been up to over the last few months!



Little "Pincy," as Carter calls him is nearing his 3 week old birthday. His brothers just love him, almost too much sometimes. At his 10 day appointment, which he was actually 12 days, Quincy was up to 6 lbs 15 oz and 19.5 inches long. Considering when we left the hospital he had dropped to 5 lbs 14 oz, I'd say the kid is going to chunk up pretty fast.



So far he has been a pretty good baby. He sleeps like a log and I actually have to wake him up, during the day, to feed him. Night time is another story. He is not awful, but he's not fabulous either. The poor kid eats so fast, he gets a tummy ache and ends up screaming for some time until he finally burps, then we start the process ever. He has been such a sweet blessing and joy and we all just can't get enough of him!


Carter is extremely curious about the baby, especially when it comes to nursing. When he first saw me feeding the baby, he got really nervous and yelled, "A bite! A bite!" He thought Quincy was attacking me. When I explained that this was how the baby ate, Carter proceeded to say, "I thirsty! A drink?" Such a funny little boy!

He loves going to watch Grant's t-ball games. Another little boy around Carter's age named Logan, took my little bug under his wing and the two play together the whole hour and a half we are there. Every night Carter comes home absolutely COVERED in dirt.
Carter also has quite the personality. He doesn't take no for an answer, but of course he expects everyone else to. He is talking so much and knows most of his colors now; his favorite colors are blue, green, and pink (he is my son after all). He's also pretty fearless, which makes me quite fearful! He's not afraid to run, jump, and climb just about anything. In stark contrast to his rough and tumble ways, the kid is terrified of plants! He won't sit at the dinner table if my flowers are in the middle and hides behind my back every time we try to walk inside because of the big tree planted in the front yard! Although he is extremely independent, he is still a momma's boy deep down and needs lots of snuggles and hugs, which I love!




One of my favorite things about Carter is his "Doofenshmirtz" voice. Okay, he kind of sounds like the devil when he does it, but if you know it is just his impression of the evil Dr. from Phineas and Ferb, it really is quite cute. "I love you" would be his number one phrase he does in his "Doofenshmirtz" voice and it is just hilarious! A few other things that he says, and melts my heart with...he calls Grant "Bubba!" Everything is, "here you go, Bubba," or, "I love you, Bubba!"


 Grant has just grown up into the sweetest little boy. He loves his extracurricular activities, which include karate and t-ball, and can't wait to start school in the fall! He especially loves to play catcher during t-ball and tends to throw little fits when he doesn't catch the ball! It's something we are working on!



He is the best big brother ever and loves to help me with both Carter and Quincy. His favorite song right now is, "I'm Glad you Came," by I don't even know who. His favorite show right now, which I could absolutely live without, is called "Bay Blade!" It reminds of a lot of Pokemon.



Grant is definitely starting to grow up and sometimes is even "too cool" for mommy. At the end of the day though, he promises me that he will always be my baby! What more could I ask for?

2 comments:

Randi said...

You should get Grant the game bay blades, he would love it! My nephew can't get enough of it.

Julie said...

They are getting so big!! You need to post a video of Carter and his doofenshmirtz voice!!! Haha