Saturday, June 12, 2010

So Nathan and I decided to take the boys on one last little hoorah before he has to head to Afghanistan. We ended up deciding on Yellowstone since we live in Wyoming and all. We had such a great time. The first night wa a little crazy because we got there after dark and had to set up the tent in the rain. We pretty much froze that night. Then the next morning the ice in our cooler, which had melted on the drive, froze and so all the food was stuck. We had an interesting first meal. Things calmed down though and we had sooooo much fun!



Over by Old Faithful!







There were bison everywhere!





Mammoth Hot Springs






Gyser Basin

I really loved the signs they had around the park1 If this doesn't make you stay on the trails, I don't know what would!
My awesome hubby had breakfast ready every morning for us!





You literally got to hike down and stand at the brink of some of the waterfalls!



Our home away from home!









This was the first night. I was soaked.




The Tetons are crazy amazing!!!

My boys!!!

7 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Looks like FUN!

gramma southam said...

Good for you and thanks for posting the pictures. The boys are growing up fast. Love Carter's big eyes, they are so cute. If you need anything repaired or looked at you are supposed to call Grandpa S. He and I will be happy to visit and fix it (or not, maybe just visit)!

Ross & Natalie said...

How fun! I'm glad you were able to have such a great family trip. You're little boys are soooo cute!

Unknown said...

yellowstone is the greatest! i love all the pictures, you're inspiring me to take a trip :)

DAVIS said...

How fun! You have such a cute fam!!! It makes me want to go camping!!

ashley b said...

toni! that looks like so much fun and you look AMAZING! i'm glad you guys got to go spend some good family time together. i can't believe nathan is leaving! when does he go? well i know we played phone tag a while back and we need to talk! i miss you woman! give your boys some love for me! :)

suzy said...

I am so jealous, I love camping! My kids have never been camping, isn't that sad? I love your cute little boys and I love your picture at the top, haha. And thanks for using the one with my logo, you are awesome.