Thursday, February 25, 2010

Carter's 2 weeks and Grant's 3!!!

Life has been crazy lately-who would have thought! Carter is 2 weeks now and really chunking up! When he was just 3 days old he had already gained weight and was up to 5 lbs-huge I know! He eats like a horse and sleeps wonderfully; he's the complete opposite of Grant!

Grant also just turned 3! My baby is getting so big. He calls Carter his "brother/sister" and is warming up to him more and more everyday! The first day at thed hospital Grant wanted nothing to do with his new brother! The nurse came in to pick the baby up and Grant ran and opened the door for her shouting "bye baby"! Then he slammed the door and exclaimed "baby's gone!"nIt was actually quite funny! Nathan got to come home for an entire week! It was so much fun and Grant could not get enough of his daddy! We miss him sooooo much! We are going to miss him even more soon because, lucky us, Nathan gets to serve his second deployment and will head to Afghanistan in July. I try not to think about it because I get so depressed, but the Lord has a plan and I just have to have faith everything will be okay!



Grant got a bloody nose and he needed a "bandah" on top of it! He's obsessed with band-aids, doctors, and "stetascopes" lately!




Carter may have gotten a hint of the Puert Rican gene in him! He seems kind olivey to me! I can't believe how much he looks like Grant. They are like twins. Carter even has a clogged tear duct like Grant did!

6 comments:

DAVIS said...

Happy Birthday Grant!!! Carter is so cute and small!!!

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

They are both so adorable! I'm glad Grant is warming up to Carter. I can't believe he is 3!

Unknown said...

carter is so adorable! and grant is gettin gway big. this weekend i am coming to green river if you are home we will stop by???

Julia Armstrong said...

So Beautiful Toni!! What a cute couple of boys. I hate the clogged tear duct. I hope you are sleeping some.

Davis Family said...

Cute pictures! Don't you love newborns? They are just so perfect and peaceful. For the first little while Cardsen didn't even acknowledge that the baby existed, but now he is really hands on. I am sure that is how Grant is. I hope everything is going well and that you are getting some rest!

ashley b said...

happy late birthday to my sweet godson! what a terrible god mother i am. and i want to see carter so bad. he is adorable! i sure hope you make it out here to the oakies soon. i miss you guys! give both your boys kisses for me. love you!