Saturday, December 5, 2009

Viva California!!!


What a week what a week. I am pretty sure I have consumed more calories in the last week then I have for the entire first 11 months of 2009 combined. I have good reason though. I finally had the opportunity to fly to California and meet up with my long lost husband. Some of you may remember him, for those of you who do not, his name is Nathan and he is has been in California since July. I think I have seen him maybe 4 times since he left. We both hate this situation so much but are grateful that he is working and making money.

I flew out on Tuesday morning from SLC in LAX. The flight was awesome too, which was great because I am terrified of flying. When I am nervous I like to talk so the poor guy next to me got an earful. I also learned a lot about him! For example, his name is Houston, he's from Alabama but living in L.A. He's also lived in Spain and South Africa. He attended college in Boston and has worked for the last 8 years producing movies. He has a Chihuahua and has been dating his girlfriend for three months who is from Venezuela!!! That poor man, I just had to talk to keep from being scared!

Nathan picked me up at the airport and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency. The most amazing hotel EVER, all 4 1/2 stars of it. Oh and did I mention I got the BEST deal EVER. 57 dollars a night! I only believe in Priceline when it comes to buying hotels.

We went to Disneyland on Wednesday and had sooooo much fun. This was Nathan's very first time and he loved it. Here are a few pics.





The Haunted Mansion was AWESOME. Everything was "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and it was the cutest thing ever!


This tree was HUGE!

After two nights in L.A. we went to this tiny little town near Bakersfield called Kernville and stayed in this super cute little inn. They had the best breakfast ever and we just hung out and relaxed the whole time. Nathan even got to do a little fishing while he was there. My Camera died and I had to buy a disposable one so when I develop it I will put more pictures up.

Saturday morning we checked out and headed to Bakersfield so Nathan could show me our new stomping grounds. It's true, really for real this time we are moving to California. He officially has signed the transfer letter and everything. I'm not sure when I will get down here because I am going to stay in Green River til our house sells while Nathan rents a small apartment with Nate, one of the guys he works with here. We also have another HUGE surprise coming in July, which I can't talk about yet, so really I won't be moving here for quite some time. It's a really confusing situation.

That's about our life in a nutshell. Grant is hanging out with grandma while I am still here in Cali getting ready to head out in the morning. I miss him like CRAZY, but he is so attached to my mom that I don't think he really even notices! I am getting huge and pregnant, not pregnant huge but just huge. In fact no one can even believe I am pregnant because my belly is so small, my butt is huge though! I have packed on the pounds! School is also going great. I LOVE my classes at GCU! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

DAVIS said...

I am so jealous you got to go to Disneyland when it is all decorated cute! Thats my goal in life! :-) Cali will be fun! Hopefully your house sales quick so you can be with your hubby!

Leslie, Kenny & Bentley said...

Wow sounds fun! I'm glad you got to see him, that is hard I'm sure to away so much. So Bentley broke my phone in half and I am still waiting to get a new phone, so sorry I missed your message and call on my birthday. Thanks for remembering, you are always awesome at that. Crazy you are going to move to CA. We have to catch up and chat sometime, so as soon as I get my new phone I'm calling you. You can hold me to that. haha

gramma S said...

Glad you had such a fun time. Be sure you get a big "Southam Inn and Tours", you will be sure to have lots of company! What's up for Christmas? Please stop by for a few minutes. We would love to see all of you...especially the long lost Nathan!

Mike and Quel said...

Every single day since you texted me I have thought of you, but was busy at that moment and couldn't call, but forgot later. Anyways sorry! I will call tomorrow and tell you all about Vampire Diaries, it is awesome! I finished the first 4 books and loved it, but not as much as Twilight I must admit. I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun there. I want you to sell your house so you can live with him again, but I also DON'T want you to so you can stay by us. Selfish, I know, but true:) Have fun!

The Garlock's said...

HOw fun, looks like you guys had a great time!!